Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No, definitely broken

After fiddling with that peg for a while, and consulting with someone more mechanically proficient than myself, the verdict is in: I need a new peg.

I'm waiting on a paycheck, meager as it is. But it is enough to replace the peg. Actually, it's enough to replace all the pegs, but I don't know how wise it is to blow $80-90 on parts for a $200 banjo. One of these days, it would be nice to upgrade to something nicer, and maybe with a resonator. Something in a Deering. . . I should stop.

I just want to play again. Sea Monkey, I miss your twangy little voice!

2 comments:

Niki said...

so sad. Let us know when Sea Monkey is singing again.

Lovely Wife George said...

I have a replacement peg now, but I sadly do not have a wrench of the correct size! It's very strange because a correctly sized wrench was just used to examine the bad peg, but anyway, we could probably use a small adjustable wrench anyway. Once I manage that, then I'll be able to get back to normal.