Sunday, August 17, 2008

it's decided

First, at least for blogging purposes, I will be calling him Sea Monkey (KING OF THE BANJOS!).

Also, the problem with "Good Night Ladies" is that I am hella slow. After beating my head against it this afternoon, and then just doing basic rolls and variations, going back to the baby version of "Cripple Creek" for Gaz's benefit, and then beating my head against it again, I finally took out the CD that came with the book. The new plan is to practice measure by measure so I can get some of the weirder left hand work to move faster incrementally. I also printed out some chord charts, because I like to visualize in detail how chords and such change as I move up the neck. I'll do better when I can figure out where to put all my other fingers. That should also make it easier to work my way back up to that D7 in the middle without having to take my whole hand off and stare at the frets until something makes sense.

Oh, since I know three chords, do I get a cookie? And a punk band?

No comments: