Monday, September 22, 2008

Pickin' at the old homestead

I'm in Indiana visiting my folks these days. Banjo practice hasn't been too badly affected by the change of location. Last night I played "Old Joe Clark" ten times, with a smattering of other songs and exercises. This song's at least twice as long as anything else I know how to play. And everyone thought I was in the other room playing computer games because my mute is powerful enough to keep the racket contained by a flimsy little plywood door.

The other cool thing is that after a fair amount of poking around online, I found the tab for the three-finger arrangement of "Journey of the Sorceror," which unfortunately I can't completely read yet. It must have some hammer-on or hammer-off stuff going on, which I haven't gotten to yet. Soon, though.

I think now I've gone through all the basic rolls, so the next step should be slides and then more complicated things. I just have to get up the nerve to flip to the next chapter.

No comments: